Another Pregnancy Ticker! (Cuz I am addicted)

Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 9, A little past midnight.

Just checking in. I have been on a Magnesia or magnesium drip for the most of the day. They say that is the "Mac-daddy" of all contraction stoppers. I was also put on a catheder so no more trups to the bathroom. Everytime I went my contractions got much stronger. Anyhoo, regardless of the drugs, I have still been having a few contractions. They think it will be ok, so now at midnight they have started to try to wean me off the Mag and keep the contraction away. However just about ten minutes ago I felt a very strong contraction. The theory is that if my contractions can stop while being off the Mag, I can go home tomorrow after the second steriod shot on strict bedrest. But if the contractions continue while off the Mag I may have to stay in the hospital for a week or two, OR if they check my cervix tomorrow and see that there has still been labor progression, they will transfer me to another hospital with better NICU. Could be Springfield, IL (which is two hours from all our homes, but in the Illinois jurisdiction so with the "parentage" contract papers) or Saint Louis Children's (one of the best and closest, BUT in Missouri and therefore would force the IP's most likely to have to adopt the babies. Oh goodness. I have a feeling one way or another, these babies will be born sometime in the next couple of days. They seem determined to meet their parents!!

0 comments: