Another Pregnancy Ticker! (Cuz I am addicted)

Monday, November 3, 2008

Trip to Chicago!

So Hubby and I just got back from our trip for health screening, and I must say, I was worried for nothing.

I had myself all worked up thinking there would be DNA tests, and blood tests, a few catscans at the least, all to make sure tha my body was capable to carry T & S's baby. I was freaked on the notion that any needle bigger than the regular sized one that takes my blood 3 times a year was going to be sucking out fluids of various colors to test in abnormal ways, petrified that maybe a hunk of my skin would be cut away to run for genetic diseases or history thereof. But no, I am happy to say that my visit went nothing like that out of a psycho movie.

We stayed over last night, in the town where the clinic was, had a great steak dinner and saw Saw V as a date night since princess was at grammies house. We even hung out with T & S after in their room and exchanged family photos from Halloween. (They are more like friends to us now, not just IP's) This morning, after fasting for over 12 hours I reluctantly walked through the doors of the IVF1 clinic, clutching hubby's hand for reassurace. With an accidental patronizing voice he assure me that "Everything will be fine"

He was right. We met with the doctor and he simply explained EXACTLY how the process would work, that once they have found that there are no diseases or uterus problems I would begin injections to prepare my womb for transfer of the fertilized eggs. Sounds simple, thought the shots I am sure will be slightly unpleasant. Then he showed me into a room where a nice little nurse took two viles of blood and I was on my way out!

We had lunch with T & S, as well as our liasons with the agency, and we were home by 9 pm tonight (gotta love daylight savings)

I am thrilled to be moving on to the medication stage and now am just waiting for my period so I can have my sonogram!! Bring on the blood. (ha ha ha)

2 comments:

Shantay said...

Got to love those comments that come from our hubby. I could smack mine at time. LOL

Shantay said...

I am adding you to my watch ... add my blog so we can keep up with eachother's story!