Another Pregnancy Ticker! (Cuz I am addicted)

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Forecast: Conditions Favorable

Yesterday was day seven of my cycle, and I had my saline ultrasound. Hubby kept the princess at his work while I met IM at the clinic. While waiting for the doctor we talked about our excitement for how quickly things were moving, the possiblity of a December transfer, 3D ultrasounds, and how already she isn's sleeping through the night. I was glad to have this time alone with her so we could get closer and more confortable. I want us to be as close as we can so she feels like the pregnancy is hers, as much as she can anyway. Hey, maybe we will get so close she will feel the morning sickness for me. Ha ha, a surrogate can dream can't she!?

The doctor called us in, I got under the thin paper robe, and sat there waiting for just a few seconds. Dr. A explained how we were going to fill my uterus with saline, then look around at my ovaries and then we would be done. Ok, sounds painless.

Have you ever notcied that doctors try to "cozy-up" those stirrups. As if the purple fleece socks will really make us excited to be spread eagle with out feet way up in the air. Anyway, with my feet in position I was nervous, and began to try to calm my breathing. Then I started saying my ABC's just like momma taught me. I didn't feel a THING! "Hallelujah," I exclaimed out loud in relief, as Dr A turned on the ultrasound mchine and there was my uterus, tiny as can be. It's amazing how the last time I saw that image, the black mass was so big that it didn't even fit on the screen!

After assessing that my uterus was in perfect condition, "Favorable for implantation" were his words, we moved on to look at my right ovary. "Looks like you won't be running out of eggs any time soon," Dr A said, "just in case you were wondering." Funnily enough, I had been, and was thrilled to here I had plenty.

Within minutes we were finished, had 5 pictures printed out, and I was getting dressed again from the waist down. IM and I hurried out in the rain, exchanged excited chatter, and were back in our cars and on the way to work. The whole thing took less than an hour, we should have results in about 3 days, and then on to injections!! I am so excited, it looks like we may be able to transfer before Christmas! What a great holiday adventure!!


Chad and Shantay said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the favorable uterus!!! Thanks for telling how painless it was... I am quite nervous about mine. lol